Monday 8 February 2010

Thumb twiddling

I'm sitting next to the space that used to be Mrs C's bed in the hospital. She has just been wheeled down to the operating theatre for the latest in a series of surgeries, which we hope to be the final episode.
I hate this bit. It is a time I feel particularly useless and try very hard to supress images of operating theatres from my mind.
I will probably go for a squeaky shoe wander shortly in order to get some fresh air, but also to avoid the anxious eyes of other patients sitting in the beds opposite.
Apparently, I have been told by the porter for the third time in 6 weeks, I share a surname with a very famous Leicester City footballer.
I hope we can avoid being reminded of this fact again soon.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment